LaTrobe Uni Bio-Science Laboratory
Who: Contractor – Arc Plastering, Architect – Lyons Architects, Builder - Grocon
What: Biosciences Research Centre (AgriBio) Melbourne - a 30,777m2 complex with construction value of $185 million.
- Open foyer featuring large glass atrium
- A dynamic staircase
- Seminar rooms with views of the surrounding landscape
- Café and commercial spaces
- Open plan office space
- Flexible laboratory spaces with moveable laboratory benches to enable adaptation to changing scientific focuses.
- Areas include labs, animal houses, glass houses, screen houses, post-mortem facilities.
When: Completed October 2011
Where: LaTrobe University - Plenty Road Bundoora Campus
Why: AgriBio accommodates up to 400 staff from the Victorian Department of Primary Industry and La Trobe University including scientists, students, and business and science-support staff who specialise in plant and animal genomics, plant pathology, animal health and agricultural sustainability.
How Criterion was involved:
We were glad to be part of this project by supplying:
- Custom feature panels for the dynamic stairway
- Internal aluminium glazing suite
- Aluminium doors & door frames